Leave your mark on your woodworking creations or products with one of our custom branding irons. Branding is a great way to leave a permanent impression on wood and a variety of other materials for:
- Marking your work/products with your signature, logo, or contact details
- Adding decorative marks, labels or pictures to products
- Promotional branding of wooden gifts, toys and cutting boards
- Security labelling
Custom Branding Iron Examples
Our branding irons are CNC machined from a solid block of brass using a very fine cutter. We can include almost any text or graphics that you would like on your branding iron but here are a few guidelines:
- Simple fonts can usually be reproduced down to 3mm high. We can go smaller in some applications and more complex fonts will need to be larger.
- We recommend keeping lines at least 0.3mm thick so they come out clearly when branded.
- Where possible it is best to have black text/lines on a white background, as white text on a black background can tend to darken during branding.
- Gaps between branded objects (letters, lines etc) need to be at least 0.3mm in order to remain a gap when branded.
- Black and white pictures, symbols and logos can be incorporated on the branding iron.
If you are unsure if your logo is suitable for branding, just email us a copy and we will let you know if we can make it, or recommend any changes that may be required.
A .pdf or .eps file is ideal or a high resolution jpg (3000 to 4000 pixels wide) will also work well. If you don't have any of these formats just send through what you have and we should be able to work from it.top
As well as solid wood, a range of other materials can be branded. Some such as bamboo board and MDF will brand with very similar results to solid wood. Others such as plastic, leather and cork require a lower temperature to brand. This can be achieved with our traditional branding irons by simply not heating the brand for as long, while our electric branding irons require a dimmer controller to reduce the operating temperature. Below are a few examples of brands on different materials.
Traditional or Electric
We produce both electric branding irons and traditional branding irons. The electric branding irons use a soldering iron to generate the heat, whereas the traditional branding irons can be heated using a blowtorch or gas burner.
Both types of branding iron are precision machined from a solid brass block and both will produce the same impression. The electric branding irons are good where large numbers of parts are being branded at one time, as they stay hot without having to be returned to a flame. The traditional branding irons are cheaper than the electric ones and great for branding a few parts at a time.
We have several standard size branding irons, however we can create brands of any size.
We are also introducing several standard branding irons such as our number wheel branding irons. These have the digits 0 to 9 engraved around the circumference of a branding iron and are ideal for stamping serial numbers and date codes into wood and plastic.top
Price List for Traditional Branding Irons(Heat With Blowtorch or Gas Burner)top
Price List for Electric Branding Ironstop
To order one of these branding irons or to get a quote for a custom size just email us the following:
- A high definition, black and white image of the logo you would like on your branding iron (see Artwork section for file formats)
- The required dimensions of the brand
- The type of branding iron you would like (electric or traditional)
- Your name and address (to calculate postage costs)
We will send you back a quote including payment instructions and a mockup of what the brand will look like. Turnaround times are normally within 2 weeks of receiving payment. If you are in a hurry for you're branding iron just let us know and we will be sure to get it out as soon as possible.
If computers aren't your thing you are welcome to send us a sketch or drawing of your requirements and we'll take care of the rest.top